Author Topic: Who is planning to form 1 their Scorpion soon?  (Read 8494 times)

Offline 427Cobra

Re: Who is planning to form 1 their Scorpion soon?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2021, 10:23:42 PM »
Ok I'll check it soon thx. Also heard they can't engrave plastic areas. Meant to ask that aslo

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I had mine engraved above and below the serial number with a laser, turned out perfect

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2021, 10:30:41 PM »
Yeah think it's not a problem for scorpions. Was wanting to know for another toy I made. It's a ruger 57 in a PDW chasis. And basically the entire gun is plastic now. Only metal showing is the little window ya can see the FCU and where they serialized it with the numbers. Anyways under the hood of the gun there's still a slide there that's metal. Maybe they can engrave that? I'll show it to ya. Would be nice if you could instead engrave the stock of an SBR instead. And so long as it stays on the gun it will be legal. And when ya go to sell it simply destroy the stock or transfer it too. Anyways yeah was wondering cause this is the car gun I spoke of.. it's called a MP-57.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:41 PM »
Now I'm seeing new proposed rules I think this will deffo be SBR if it passes. So I'm thinking of how to do it on this. As far as my scorpion I'll leave it disassembled and not too worried about it. When the day comes to where I bust it out and have to use it.. the legalities of doing so will be the last thing on my mind then lol. But this is way smaller and easier to use in cars etc and packs better ballistics etc. So yeah only worried about this one so far if and when rules change. Wondering where I'd have to engrave it

Offline Jack Flash

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »
Only reason I bought one was to SBR it. Submitted the eForm for it and my 9mm silencer the same day. Took a grand total of 17 days to get my stamps.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2021, 08:40:26 PM »
Very nice. If and when I do mine.. I'll do it like that. All short as possible. I like the pdw stock also. Mines the early model tho and will take some grinding to remove the web hole thingy on reciever to use a pdw slide stock. Had the scorp on the back burner tho since the 57 build. Wished CZ would make an entry into 57. Would be a top seller. Little pdw style lightweight rascal. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. But as for now I just have minimal upgrades on mine. Been too busy gathering stuff in more calibers and getting ammo. Figured I could fall back and tweak things later. And if I need a can when SHTF there will be plenty to makeshift make those lol. So also been dragging feet on getting that took care of. I did however recently pause gun buys to get a SIG echo in layaway. Soon I'll have it. Will be a neat addition to the sight options I have now. Bit this has a little feature not many realize. It can shoot around corners and barriers etc since it has a TV screen basically to look at with a red dot. Gonna be fun to play with. Then yeah if laws go cooky I'll have to yeah start stamping stuff. And like you I'll likely get a can too while at it. Seen a new mono core that has sheilds in it so it never freezes up with gunk. Armor specialties makes it. Really neat idea they did. May check them out. Or thinking maybe a bushwhacker 46. But like the looks of an osprey too tho. Too many choices. May just have to buy them all lol

Offline Jack Flash

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
Very nice. If and when I do mine.. I'll do it like that. All short as possible. I like the pdw stock also. Mines the early model tho and will take some grinding to remove the web hole thingy on reciever to use a pdw slide stock. Had the scorp on the back burner tho since the 57 build. Wished CZ would make an entry into 57. Would be a top seller. Little pdw style lightweight rascal. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. But as for now I just have minimal upgrades on mine. Been too busy gathering stuff in more calibers and getting ammo. Figured I could fall back and tweak things later. And if I need a can when SHTF there will be plenty to makeshift make those lol. So also been dragging feet on getting that took care of. I did however recently pause gun buys to get a SIG echo in layaway. Soon I'll have it. Will be a neat addition to the sight options I have now. Bit this has a little feature not many realize. It can shoot around corners and barriers etc since it has a TV screen basically to look at with a red dot. Gonna be fun to play with. Then yeah if laws go cooky I'll have to yeah start stamping stuff. And like you I'll likely get a can too while at it. Seen a new mono core that has sheilds in it so it never freezes up with gunk. Armor specialties makes it. Really neat idea they did. May check them out. Or thinking maybe a bushwhacker 46. But like the looks of an osprey too tho. Too many choices. May just have to buy them all lol

After I bought my CZ, I got bit ny the AK bug. I had one...got 4 now.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2021, 08:59:42 PM »
I had a SAIGA 308 ages ago. It was a beast. But dam bro it was heavy lol. And back then no one wanted them and took a while just to sell it. Worth a good bit now. I'm not an ak guy. Not opposed to owning one either tho. They're great. But I got bit by the AR bug later. And own a 350 legend.. 556.. 300 aac.. all in AR. and a 308 sig AR 10 style 706i. And that sig is way better than the SAIGA was. But.. Haven't ran it much yet. It may turn out to be sheet lol. So i can't say which is better till I run it hard for a while. But rifles kinda bore me when shooting for fun. So I buy pistols mostly and enjoy the challenge they present. I plan to clear out more property soon to be able to shoot long ranges. And then I'll bust out the big boys and have fun with them too. Till then they kinda just sit for now

Offline Pondwater

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2021, 08:41:16 AM »
Please make sure to comment on the proposed ATF pistol brace changes.  We need all the help we can get.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/ATF-Proposed-Rule-Stabilizing-Braces.pdf

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/06/10/2021-12176/factoring-criteria-for-firearms-with-attached-stabilizing-braces

One suggestion during the last cycle of this foolishness was to attach high resolution images of the Constitution and Bill of Rights to your submissions, as there is speculation that the total amount of data is what will be observed rather than actual review of individual comments.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:38 PM »
If ya do so. Maybe do it twice.  One with. One without. Heard they're tossing out all they can for any reasons. Ya have to attach the case number thingy etc also to make sure it don't get overlooked also. But sounds like a good idea maybe

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
I'd also like to see more states follow suit and stand up and say that no matter what they say we're keeping the laws as is. Better yet take Texas as an example and take steps to nullify some of the dumb ones already on the books. I'd like to see politicians take notice and take steps like these. I'm sure the places that have.. have had overwhelming support from the populations they represent. Wish like hell my state would hurry up and jump on board.  Cause no matter what feds say or do. They rely heavily on self policing and the states to enforce the dumb rules. Kinda off topic but yeah hope local leaders see it and start a trend

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2021, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline The Principal

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2021, 01:28:42 PM »
I don’t have a CZ, but another “pistol”. If push comes to shove, and the government was offering what I paid, I would sell it back and purchase a rifle. Or, maybe I would purchase a longer barrel and convert it, if allowed. I am not sure that I would pay the $200, out of principle.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2021, 01:34:17 PM »
Yeah. When looking at the new forms point system. Its all so opinion based it's literally craziness that I can't see being taken seriously and taught to any agent in such a way where if they all analyzed the same gun separately they'd all return and find the same scores. I bet money they're scores would vary wildly even after being instructed on how to score things. Would be interesting to see any two people just try it for giggles

Offline Northern

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2021, 02:26:01 PM »
But as long as the scores are all four and above — which it seems set up to do — it doesn’t make a difference. The worksheet is designed to result in SBR determination for nearly any braced pistol.

anything