Author Topic: CZ 82 D/A problem  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Vadose

CZ 82 D/A problem
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:25:54 PM »
My CZ 82  slide will not automatically cock the hammer back after it is shot.  It will fire in single action mode when I pull the trigger and functions flawlessly.  Sometimes though when I manually pull back the trigger it will not lock into place.  It seems to look like trigger bar is not fully engaging when the trigger is released.  If I pull the trigger back when the pistol is sideways or upside down the trigger will not lock into place at all!  If I  pull backthe trigger when the pistol is upright it remains cocked. It still does not remained cocked by the slide after firing it though. Any one have any suggestions what might be the problem?  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:35:51 PM by Vadose »

Offline ejs

Re: CZ 82 D/A problem
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
My guess is that you have a weak sear spring (part number 30 on the CZ-83 diagragm) or it is installed incorrectly, or missing altogether.  The sear may be falling by gravity for you when the gun is right-side up when you are manually cocking it.

Cheers, Eric

Offline skucera

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:07:26 AM »
It's also possible that the sears on the hammer are worn flat so the hammer won't catch in the cocked position.  If this is a new (to you) pistol, complain to the gun shop or the importer.  You'll likely get one exchanged that isn't worn.

Scott

Offline Vadose

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:19:23 AM »
Thanks for everyone response.  I have had the pistol to long to complain at this point.  I had it about 3 months before I was able to fire it.  Are these possible causes for failure possible for me to do without tearing the whole thing down?    I have heard these CZ 82s` are a bear to strip. Is the possible problem visible?

I have downloaded the the instructions for disassemble. I have removed the trigger guard, safety and slide for cleaning but have not tore down the innards.  I hate to take it to my gunsmith because the cost of  fix  it will probably be more than what I paid for it. Thanks.

Offline GlenM

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 09:29:51 AM »
I agree with everyone about the sear or sear spring.  On mine it was the sear spring.  Don't get intimidated by the number of parts.  Just thoroughly read the various tutorials and take your time.  Remember that you're not defusing a nuclear device with an electronic trigger that's about to explode. 

The problem really isn't visible until you remove the ejector along with the auto safety.   Just follow the tutorial.  Best of luck.

Offline Vadose

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 10:21:32 AM »
Thanks again for the replies.  LOL!!  I like the the electronic trigger bomb!  I will remember that when I begin the repair.   Are there any other web sites that may be of help showing the procedure mentioned?  Where can order the parts from?  I assume the cz 83 parts are identical to the 82 that I may need?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:30:25 AM by Vadose »

Offline Witness~match

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
yeah I have the same problem with one of mine... maybe once out of 12 shots the hammer will stay back..

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 01:02:20 AM »
CZ 82/83 disassembly, check out...

http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz-82-disassembly.html

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline Vadose

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
Well, I`m gonna tear this CZ and see if the sear spring is missing or not on correct.  I am searching for both  sear and sear spring parts but with no luck so far.  I will contact CZ USA on Monday  and see if the have the parts for the CZ83.  I am hoping they are compatible.

anything