Author Topic: Show off your refinished CZ-82  (Read 134623 times)

Offline dhabicht1

Re: Show off your refinished CZ-82
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32:33 AM »
Just received mine back from Nickel Boron coating from WMD guns http://www.wmdguns.com/  I think it came out great and great people to deal with! 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:44:15 AM by dhabicht1 »

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »
Just received mine back from Nickel Boron coating from WMD guns ? .

Beautiful pistol.  What color is the Ni-B finish (I'm chromatically challenged)?  What sights are on it?  Were they coated, too?
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline laserdoc

« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
They look like hi viz fiber optic sights. I have them on 3 of mine
CZ-75 polished stainless
CZ-75 compact 9mm
CZ-82 x 2, 9x18 Makarov
CZ-550 FS  308 cal
CZ 452 Trainer 22 LR
Ruger .22SR
Ruger Mark lll
REM 700  MTN rifle 7mm 08
H&R .20 gauge slug gun/thumb-hole stock

Offline dhabicht1

« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »
The sights are indeed high viz.  The rear had to be milled out a bit.  The color is like a satin silver grey.  The best part is nothing sticks to the coating, so I can literally just take a rag and wipe everything off.  The only thing I actually use a solvent on is the bore.  WMD guns do an awesome job and the gunsmiths they have are top notch.  I dropped off one CZ I had disassembled and one still put together with new spring kits and received back to new fully assembled guns.

Offline BigK

• Silence is golden...duct tape is silver.
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2013, 10:47:23 PM »
BigK, thanks for that . I was wondering about that. So you haven't had ANY feed problems due to that? That's good to know. I'd rather not mess with the masking and what not. The guy doing the work didn't think it was going to be a big problem either.
BTW, I saw your pistol and I think I may go with that combo.
Do you have any regrets using that color combo, like it being hard to keep clean on the lighter color? It looks REALLY nice!
It's a toss up between Graphite Black/Stainless and Graphite Black/Flat desert Earth.
I'm going to wait till I get to the shop and look at the color charts in person. I saw another pistol on the net with Graphite/FDE and it looked nice. Decisions, decisions....
Jab

Sorry for the late reply. NO REGRETS! In fact, a quick shot of Powder Blast and a dry rag are all I need to clean it. No more scrubbing! I can't say enough good things about Cerakote finishes!
The U.S. Constitution: frustrating liberals since 1789.

Offline CZach

« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »
Proud owner of a cz 82! Looking for refinishing advice and found this place and WOW!! You guys have some beautifully refinished pistols. Any suggestions for mine? Also can't figure out how to post a picture  :-\

Offline RG_CZ

« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
This is one I refinished a couple of years ago (Before & After).  It is Gunkote from an airbrush baked as directed after aluminum oxide media blast.  Matte black and brushed stainless.

Offline BigK

« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »
This is one I refinished a couple of years ago (Before & After).  It is Gunkote from an airbrush baked as directed after aluminum oxide media blast.  Matte black and brushed stainless.

Looks fantasic, great work, sir. The grips look familiar, mind telling us where you got them?

I went with the same color scheme in Cerakote and have loved the durability.

Offline RG_CZ

« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »

Looks fantasic, great work, sir. The grips look familiar, mind telling us where you got them?

Thank you sir.  The grips are from Grips 4 U (GRIPS4u.net)

Grips4U now offer CZ82 grips with finger grooves.  I wouldn't mind doing another 82 in titanium/black with the grooved grips.

Offline BigK

« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind doing another 82 in titanium/black with the grooved grips.

I know what you mean. I saw that AIM had them in stock and that was the first thing I thought of. I haven't airbrushed in over a year, though.

There's a local shop called Cummings Custom Refinishing that does an absolutely gorgeous Cera-Plate II finish.

I'd prolly go with Marschal grips again, though.

Offline Hurryin Hoosier

• US Army (Retired)
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
I'm awaiting the return of one which I sent off for a strip and blue job, and am thinking about picking another one and having it hard-chromed.

Offline miximup

« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Got my CZ 82 back from Mahovsky's Metalife :-)

I use to be an adventurer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee...

Did you get the Matte Finish or the Brushed Satin, that CZ looks gorgeous!

Offline ArmyCWO

« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »
Hi to All. 
Got my She86 back from Mahovsky first week of September.  Cost me $200 total including shipping.  Have seen lots of pictures in this thread and other places, but was still not sure what to expect.  Turns out that it is actually better than I expected.  It looks great, but it does not have a blingy look.  Does not look like something you should make into a safe queen.  The absence of any detectable build up like you see with some other finishes makes this into a great looking, working pistol.  Just my opinion.

Mr. Mac

P.S.  That price included two mags.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:28:46 PM by ArmyCWO »

Offline Hurryin Hoosier

• US Army (Retired)
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2013, 08:24:33 PM »
Same here on the P64 CZAK which I had him do. Excellent work, and looks almost like a satin stainless steel. He's currently working on a Zastava M57 for me, and I plan to follow that up with the second vz.82 which I purchased.

Offline miximup

« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »
Just got my hands on my CZ 82 today, just have some grips for it now. I am going to finish it either in the Cerakote Satin Aluminum or the Metalife finish by Mahovsky's. What do you guys think?