Author Topic: Solve your CZ 75 Kadet Stovepipe Problems!!!!  (Read 151655 times)

Offline sven

Solve your CZ 75 Kadet Stovepipe Problems!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2002, 07:59:09 PM »
I am about to make this modification and will report the results here as they become available.

Thanks again for this tip,

-sven

Offline mapdude

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2002, 01:22:47 AM »
Sven, any luck with the modification yet?  mapdude.

Offline mapdude

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2003, 12:43:40 AM »
I wanted to bump this up for newbies to the Kadet forum.  If your gun has ejection problems, they can be fixed in a few minutes with your wife's nail file:D ;)

Offline edefonzo

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2003, 11:32:39 PM »
Somebody at CZ must have been reading this thread. When I received my Kadet conversion kit in February from J&G Sales, my tool box had already been sitting on the table for two days, in anticipation of the Kadet arriving. There were diagrams from this thread printed, diamond edged files and honing oil, a Dremel Tool in reserve, and a piece of banded iron cut into a home-made template, ready cut to angle of 115 degrees.

When the kadet kit arrived, I tried fitting it to the Satin Nickel frame of my .40 75B. Hmmm.... no filing needed. It slipped right on.

Next, I next took The Kadet to the range to fire a few hundred rounds of CCI Velocitors. Er,...Funny,... they all went boom. I then waited for a stovepipe, with my little band of iron in hand, ready to measure and file that sucker down the minute one case failed to eject. Well,... Er,... at least I got to use the iron template for something. It was great for digging out the spent .22 cases from the deep treads of my boots. I never did need to modify the ejector. The Kadet Conversion Kit performed flawlessly, with amazing accuracy.

I sure learned alot about gunsmithing those little .22's from you guys. I believe CZ must have learned a thing or two, too.

viking442

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2003, 06:55:52 PM »
mapdude,

Although I have not yet taken my modified Kadet to the range and even though I've only had a single stovepipe in 300+ rounds... I want to thank you for sharing the information on how to fix/preclude the stovepipe problem.  You are a gentleman and a scholar sir!

Cheers!

Before modification:

After modification:

Offline RobCTwo

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2003, 10:10:32 PM »
I just ran 250 round through my modified Kadet today. No stovepipes.

viking442

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2003, 05:19:31 PM »
I put 300 rounds of Remington High Velocity HP through my modified Kadet at the range today and had zero stovepipes.  So, at the very least, this modification did no harm.  Noticeably it does eject closer to a 45 degree arc rather than the flat trajectory it exhibited before the modification.

CZ-Guy

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2003, 08:13:28 PM »
Mapdude.....

Thanks for a wonderful day.  I shot....and shot....and shot.

No problems at all.  It ate everything I fed it.  It really like the Wolf Match Target and Wolf Match Extra just like the CZ 452 Silhouette big sister it has.

Thanks for the efforts for us all.

Offline mapdude

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2003, 09:15:05 PM »
It's always good to hear reports from others on this modification.  I'm glad it is working so well and thanks for posting the extra pictures for others who need to make this modification.   mapdude

viking442

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2003, 08:47:57 PM »
Put another 200 rounds of Remington HV HP through my Kadet today.  This time riding on my new CZ75BD POLICE :D      No stovepipes!  It just keeps on crankin... :smokin    

enutees

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
Thanks for this mod.  I took my Kadet kit out last week and got three or four stovepipes per mag.

Dremeled the ejector a little and I had one failure out of 400 rounds with 5 different types of ammo.

It ate everything I gave it.

Now I'm sending it off to get the barrel threaded.  

Thanks again.

Offline freewheeling

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2004, 12:59:15 AM »
I wish I could understand what you're driviing at, but the pictures don't make much sense to me.  The image on the bottom is rotated 90 degrees around the long axis relative to the one in the middle so I'm not at all clear what it is I'm supposed to be shaping or angling.  I don't think I'm stupid, but those pictures make me feel pretty dumb.  Could you draw a picture and show precisely where the material is supposed to be removed?  Looking up from underneath (like the bottom picture in your set of images) are you talking about angling back the I_  so that it's more like \_  ?  I guess that would tend to toss she casing to the right (left looking up from underneath) rather than kicking it back more toward the front of the weapon.  But the middle image throws me, because it seems to imply another angled surface at 90 degrees to the bottom one which would kick the shell down.

Update:  OK, I read the post about there being two angles to file and that made the pictures a bit more intelligible.  I also took a look at the ejector on the 9mm and the angle are significantly greater than what I ended up with for the Kadet ejector, but I'll try it this way before steepening the angle any more.

The slide works reasonably easily now, and I'm guessing that I didn't take too much off of the barrel lug.  Will see when I fire it, I guess.

Still curious about the plastic clip loader for 9mm and whether it can be modified for use with the .22 clips.  Looks like it would work.

Offline czhen

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2004, 03:53:54 PM »
The Ejector modifications are proven good why CZ didn't apply it yet.

Thanks
            HTD
            FL

kewmon

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2004, 08:55:18 AM »
i found another solution.......

seems that when i use cci brand ammo i shoot clean with no problems......virtually all other brands give me intermittent problems

i don't claim to know why but can tell you only my observations......when i am at the range i generally shoot 200-300 rounds minimum

kewmon

Offline VPJack

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »
New to the CZ world. Great firearms. Had picked up a Kadet conversion and was very disapointed with all the jams I was having 1-2 every mag. Found this posting, did some careful fileing, no more jams. Thanks for the info.

John

anything