Author Topic: THANKS re: Sphinx Hammer Spring  (Read 7931 times)

Offline unionman

Re: THANKS re: Sphinx Hammer Spring
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »
Which is the right return spring from Cajun for the Sphinx?  And, is there a video somewhere on how to install it?   thanks!

Offline Rick53

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »
Which is the right return spring from Cajun for the Sphinx?  And, is there a video somewhere on how to install it?   thanks!
https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/    The link brings you to the spring: Any CZ 75 video showing trigger work gives you a basic idea: You'll have to make yourself a guide : It's tricky but not hard : Just awkward : Pay attention taking apart :  REMEMBER all pins come out right to left and return left to right: Anyone telling you different hasn't taken a Sphinx apart : I should have made a video when I took apart my Sphnix but not my thing.  If you go look at the videos for the P-09 or Cz=75's that show trigger and polish work it's almost identical. There's also a trick to slightly bend your decocker spring that works wonders on DA pull. I'd suggest the kit I posted in previous post : He's claiming a big weight reduction : I believe both Tim and Mike are Modding their Sphinx -So one of them will do a Video: But who knows when
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:34:12 AM by Rick53 »

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 11:52:05 AM »
good thread

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline unionman

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »
thank you!

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/    The link brings you to the spring: Any CZ 75 video showing trigger work gives you a basic idea: You'll have to make yourself a guide : It's tricky but not hard : Just awkward : Pay attention taking apart :  REMEMBER all pins come out right to left and return left to right: Anyone telling you different hasn't taken a Sphinx apart : I should have made a video when I took apart my Sphnix but not my thing.  If you go look at the videos for the P-09 or Cz=75's that show trigger and polish work it's almost identical. There's also a trick to slightly bend your decocker spring that works wonders on DA pull. I'd suggest the kit I posted in previous post : He's claiming a big weight reduction : I believe both Tim and Mike are Modding their Sphinx -So one of them will do a Video: But who knows when

Offline seaswol

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »
I can't find the post now, but wanted to thank whoever recommended swapping the stock hammer spring for 17lb ones from Wolff on the Sphinx SDP Compact
So, again, thanks to whoever suggested it!
Which part number for the Wolf hammer spring did you use?
Thank you,
Chris

Offline spcava

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 09:31:05 AM »
I can't find the post now, but wanted to thank whoever recommended swapping the stock hammer spring for 17lb ones from Wolff on the Sphinx SDP Compact
Thank you,
Chris

I'm not sure of the part number, but look for the hammer spring for CZ-75 Compacts.  I got the CZ-75 Compact 17# Spring and it worked great.  I had one failure with Federal 115 GR range ammo but I think that was on the ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jk1229

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 02:39:40 PM »
Thank you,
Chris

I'm not sure of the part number, but look for the hammer spring for CZ-75 Compacts.  I got the CZ-75 Compact 17# Spring and it worked great.  I had one failure with Federal 115 GR range ammo but I think that was on the ammo.

So I was looking around in the Wolff springs website and came across the hammer springs and it said something like 'newer P-01s and CZ75s use the full size hammer springs'. Do I need to the the full size hammer spring for the SDP compact?

Thank you,

-J

Offline spcava

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
Thank you,
Chris

So I was looking around in the Wolff springs website and came across the hammer springs and it said something like 'newer P-01s and CZ75s use the full size hammer springs'. Do I need to the the full size hammer spring for the SDP compact?

Thank you,

-J

No, get the one specifically for the Compact.

Offline aaangel

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »
I just bought a Sphinx SDP Compact and also found the trigger to be quite impressive out of the box. Then I read about the ZR Tactical Solutions hammer spring - which comes with a replacement firing pin spring as well - for $20. I ordered it and it is fantastic. Don't have a trigger gauge but agree with the description that it drops about 3-4 pounds from the DA and about 1 pound from the SA. It also has fired 500 rounds of mixed factory ammunition (Perfecta 115gr, Federal 115gr Aluminum and WWB 115gr) without a hiccup so I figure it's GTG.

NOTE: you do have to remove a cross pin to change out the firing pin spring, and it is directional, coming out from left side to right side, looking down the sights of the gun.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zrts-firearm-accessories/sphinx/sphinx-sdp-spring/

mine came in yesterday and super easy to change the hammer spring. as for the cross pin....cannot get it to budge! my question is do you have to change the firing pin spring or is it ok with the stock?  I also got the base pad from them and that one is also a pain to put on. no wonder glocks are so popular!

Offline jk1229

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
I just bought a Sphinx SDP Compact and also found the trigger to be quite impressive out of the box. Then I read about the ZR Tactical Solutions hammer spring - which comes with a replacement firing pin spring as well - for $20. I ordered it and it is fantastic. Don't have a trigger gauge but agree with the description that it drops about 3-4 pounds from the DA and about 1 pound from the SA. It also has fired 500 rounds of mixed factory ammunition (Perfecta 115gr, Federal 115gr Aluminum and WWB 115gr) without a hiccup so I figure it's GTG.

NOTE: you do have to remove a cross pin to change out the firing pin spring, and it is directional, coming out from left side to right side, looking down the sights of the gun.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zrts-firearm-accessories/sphinx/sphinx-sdp-spring/

mine came in yesterday and super easy to change the hammer spring. as for the cross pin....cannot get it to budge! my question is do you have to change the firing pin spring or is it ok with the stock?  I also got the base pad from them and that one is also a pain to put on. no wonder glocks are so popular!
I'm not sure about the magazine base pad but the FP retaining pin is easy to punch out if you're doing it correctly. You have to the the pin out from the right side of the slide with the muzzle pointing forward to the left side of the slide. I'm not sure if using a roll pin punch made a difference but that was what I used. Let me know how the base pad install goes because I might order me some.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline aaangel

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 11:06:20 AM »
yes ive tried all of what MWS on youtube has instructed.  i guess my gun is just brand new. well as for the base pad, i called ZRTS and they told me that you have to mallet it in. trying to hammer it in while holding the spring tension is beyond my expertise! i don't get it.

Offline jk1229

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »
yes ive tried all of what MWS on youtube has instructed.  i guess my gun is just brand new. well as for the base pad, i called ZRTS and they told me that you have to mallet it in. trying to hammer it in while holding the spring tension is beyond my expertise! i don't get it.
I used the MWS method as well. Mine had 100 rounds through it before I changed out the FP spring. I guess some people have issues with the FP retaining pin and some don't. I also used a household hammer and not a tiny gun smithing hammer. Don't be gentle with it haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline aaangel

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
thanks for the tip. ill try it

Offline Rick53

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »
thanks for the tip. ill try it
I've done 3 of these now. First spray some penetrating type oil in the pin . Then you absolutely have to use a roll pin punch . Of the 3 I've done only one came out easy . What worked good for me was A block of wood with a hole drilled big enough for the pin to drop in. Definitely have to take it out Right to left as the left side of the pin has a taper . So it's larger on that end.  If your's is one of the hard ones use a Construction hammer . Short hard blows . I don't use the Kriss Pin after I remove it. I use the roll pin you can buy from Cajun for the FP.
Keep in mind it's only going to come out hard for about 1/4 of an inch. Once past the taper it falls out .  Use tape our something to protect your slide in case you smack it with the hammer .  TIP:: USE THE RIGHT SIZE ROLL PIN PUNCH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE

Offline aaangel

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:56 AM »
still would not budge even after spraying it with wd40 and some gun oil. im really frustrated with this thing!!!
i give up and will install the originals. next option, gunsmith lol