Author Topic: CZ 75 SP-01 Manual Safety Tutorial Videos  (Read 97930 times)

Offline Pin shooter

Re: CZ 75 SP-01 Manual Safety Tutorial Videos
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:20 PM »
Scarlett,

I was directed to your thread after I posted a thread titled 'SP-01 manual safety sear cage rebuild'. Basically, it was a plea for help as I was rebuilding my SP-01 with the CGW 75105 kit and could not for the life of me figure out how to rebuild the sear cage.

After having to reorder 3 new lifter springs from CGW (2 extra as cheap insurance) having lost the first one (or as CGW site says, 'L-spring... often lost, seldom found', delphidoc directed me to your sear cage disassembly and reassembly video.

I took the laptop to my work bench in the garage so I could pause after every step. One note, camera angle is great, but I had to zoom in to make sure I had everything oriented as you did. Long story short, I got it together on the first try, though not easy with my fat fingers. Basically, you were guiding my hands.

I could not have completed this upgrade without your video. I finished off the build and holy cow! A completely different gun (didn't think perfection could be improved, but CGW and CZ Custom have figured out how to improve the triggers on an already amazing firearm).

From your other videos now you've got me thinking about other changes, such as firing pin block removal (does this improve trigger feel?) and the single action only trigger. I already upgraded to the 85C trigger (my finger never like the curvature of the stock trigger).

Thanks again,

Dave

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
Scarlett,

I was directed to your thread after I posted a thread titled 'SP-01 manual safety sear cage rebuild'. Basically, it was a plea for help as I was rebuilding my SP-01 with the CGW 75105 kit and could not for the life of me figure out how to rebuild the sear cage.

After having to reorder 3 new lifter springs from CGW (2 extra as cheap insurance) having lost the first one (or as CGW site says, 'L-spring... often lost, seldom found', delphidoc directed me to your sear cage disassembly and reassembly video.

I took the laptop to my work bench in the garage so I could pause after every step. One note, camera angle is great, but I had to zoom in to make sure I had everything oriented as you did. Long story short, I got it together on the first try, though not easy with my fat fingers. Basically, you were guiding my hands.

I could not have completed this upgrade without your video. I finished off the build and holy cow! A completely different gun (didn't think perfection could be improved, but CGW and CZ Custom have figured out how to improve the triggers on an already amazing firearm).

From your other videos now you've got me thinking about other changes, such as firing pin block removal (does this improve trigger feel?) and the single action only trigger. I already upgraded to the 85C trigger (my finger never like the curvature of the stock trigger).

Thanks again,

Dave

Glad the videos came through for ya Dave! I'll always admit they aren't professional grade... I just don't have the equipment to pull that off. But I am glad to hear when they help people get through projects!

Removing the firing pin block primarily changes the single action reset. Makes it much shorter, like the Shadows. With the upgrades you have now you won't see a big change in trigger pull weight. It's not a recommended mod for carry guns, but for range toys and competition guns it's highly recommended! As for the SAO conversion.... It's good stuff! Really just preferential, but Iove mine! Hence this is my phone's background, keeps me stoked to dry fire and hit the range for practice!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:02:35 PM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »
Great job, Scarlett!  I can tell you put a lot of work into this.  I like how you broke the clips up into segments, in order.  I just tore apart my Shadow 2 and did a full polish and upgrade using your videos.   There were a couple times I would have liked a better view or close up to see the part you were working on, but I was still able to figure it out.  This was very helpful!

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »
I wanted to take a moment to thank you. These short vids are very helpful and informative. I am sure you will have saved many  people from having a hard time.
I have seen these type vids posted before, even for this specific gun, but you managed to make the finer details very clear. I especially appreciate the flared trigger pin explanation.

Again, thank you very much.

Kind regards

Rich

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »
I made two more videos and finally got them posted. Bushing and front sight "how to's". I also added a link at the bottom of my main post to a thread with the tools recommendations from members. The videos have over 5,000 views, glad people are making use of them!

Offline Jerome64Z

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »
Newbie to forum. I wanted a CZ 75 for years I finally got a CZ 75B I ordered the CGW Pro kit I went to my garage turned on the AC Got my laptop and went through your videos step by step. On my CZ 75B the DA was 8.10 SA 4.10 when I started, I did a 5 try average ( Lyman trigger pull gauge) both before and after the CGW Pro kit installed after the Da was 6.10 Sa 1.73.The CZ shoots like a dream!! Thank You
I checked all the parts you said to polish but they all looked pretty good so I thought I'd install the Pro kit and see what I had. I couldn't have done it with out your videos. THANK YOU!!!
I did buy the SP punch from CGW and ordered other roll punches got more than I needed but I guy can't have too many gun tools. Plus of course the tooth pick! I also installed LPA adjustable sights.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:42:06 AM by Jerome64Z »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
Newbie to forum. I wanted a CZ 75 for years I finally got a CZ 75B I ordered the CGW Pro kit I went to my garage turned on the AC Got my laptop and went through your videos step by step. On my CZ 75B the DA was 8.10 SA 4.10 when I started, I did a 5 try average ( Lyman trigger pull gauge) both before and after the CGW Pro kit installed after the Da was 6.10 Sa 1.73.The CZ shoots like a dream!! Thank You
I checked all the parts you said to polish but they all looked pretty good so I thought I'd install the Pro kit and see what I had. I couldn't have done it with out your videos. THANK YOU!!!
I did buy the SP punch from CGW and ordered other roll punches got more than I needed but I guy can't have too many gun tools. Plus of course the tooth pick! I also installed LPA adjustable sights.

Dang those are some excellent results, congrats on some excellent work! Glad these videos were helpful!!

Offline Jerome64Z

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 06:00:53 PM »
Thank you!!!
Bob

Offline Kickback

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 09:08:55 PM »
Scarlet,

I ran across your bushing video on YouTube. I've had one in my parts drawer for about a year, and your video convinced me I need to finally install it in my SP-01. It's full size, so I will use an 11mm socket, but for the life of me I can't figure out what that rod is that you used in the video (can't find it in your tool list post. Can you please enlighten me? I'm not really an experienced tool pusher.

Many thanks, and my compliments and admiration on all of the videos. Wish they had been out when I Cajunized my shootin'iron.

Ken

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 10:39:24 PM »
Scarlet,

I ran across your bushing video on YouTube. I've had one in my parts drawer for about a year, and your video convinced me I need to finally install it in my SP-01. It's full size, so I will use an 11mm socket, but for the life of me I can't figure out what that rod is that you used in the video (can't find it in your tool list post. Can you please enlighten me? I'm not really an experienced tool pusher.

Many thanks, and my compliments and admiration on all of the videos. Wish they had been out when I Cajunized my shootin'iron.

Ken

Are you referring to the rod the socket is attached to when I hammer out the bushing? If so that was just a long ratchet extension I found in some hand-me-down tools I had... If you're speaking about another rod just let me know. Glad the could help and sorry I didn't have this rod listed.

Offline Kickback

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »
So that's a socket extension? It almost looks flexible in the video, which must be an illusion. I'll look around the hardware store and see if I can nab one.

Thanks for the reply,
Ken

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 10:14:50 PM »
S.P., Just ran across these videos. Excellent work. Thank you very much.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 01:22:56 AM »
Glad they could help and you found them!

Offline Mutt208

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »
Appreciate this!

Offline Crawl

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 09:46:31 PM »
This was very helpful. Combining this with one other thread makes me look like a top notch gunsmith! Thank you!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

anything