Author Topic: HB Industries P10 trigger  (Read 47005 times)

Offline Thebillsman

Re: HB Industries P10 trigger
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
I have not seen a consensus or a tide willing to voice their support   Where are the end users of the trigger that think it is great and recommend buying?

My 2 cents is on Page 10. I like my trigger and install was easy enough with no modifications necessary.  More comfortable to shoot, shorter take up and reset, reliable trigger safety.. what more could you want? If they're back in stock I'd suggest grabbing one.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2017, 12:08:53 AM »
I'm thinking I still need to get this -185 rounds yesterday and my trigger finger was feeling the pinch.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:40 AM »
I was able to test out my new HBI Trigger for the first time, yesterday.  It functioned just as it should (flawlessly), but unfortunately it didn't eliminate the "painful trigger-finger" problem I was having with the stock trigger.  I only "endured" 60rds (I had loaded up 4 magazines before heading to the range), and couldn't bring myself to load the magazines up again to continue shooting.  It's looking like the problem isn't the actual Triggers, but likely that my hand/fingers just don't "work" well with the ergonomics of the P-10C (at least when it comes to trigger-finger placement). 

So, when I sat down earlier today to clean up the pistol, I went ahead and reinstalled the factory trigger.  I guess I'll just have to keep looking for another solution.     

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2017, 03:34:23 AM »
Which one did you get, the black one?

Offline Toby196

« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2017, 03:36:41 AM »
Which one did you get, the black one?
Yes, I got the Black one.

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »
I was able to test out my new HBI Trigger for the first time, yesterday.  It functioned just as it should (flawlessly), but unfortunately it didn't eliminate the "painful trigger-finger" problem I was having with the stock trigger.  I only "endured" 60rds (I had loaded up 4 magazines before heading to the range), and couldn't bring myself to load the magazines up again to continue shooting.  It's looking like the problem isn't the actual Triggers, but likely that my hand/fingers just don't "work" well with the ergonomics of the P-10C (at least when it comes to trigger-finger placement). 

So, when I sat down earlier today to clean up the pistol, I went ahead and reinstalled the factory trigger.  I guess I'll just have to keep looking for another solution.   

Was your finger sliding down the face of the trigger? The very bottom of the trigger can still be a little uncomfortable, but there's a plenty big, flat area on the face of the trigger.

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »

How is your finger on the trigger.  I use to shoot rifles with my trigger finger up to the first joint.  Since shooting semi-auto pistol pistols I have moved my finger closer to the tip of the pad.  Like the red line in the CWP101 photo.  I tried shooting up to the first joint with the HBI trigger.  The bottom of the trigger was poking the bottom of my finger under recoil.  With the tip of the pad on the flat face of the the HBI trigger I don't have any issues. 

With the factory trigger I was having to put the raised safety in the crease of the first joint on my trigger finger to not get it to sting.  That much finger on the trigger caused me to push my shots to the left.  David

Offline Toby196

« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »

Was your finger sliding down the face of the trigger? The very bottom of the trigger can still be a little uncomfortable, but there's a plenty big, flat area on the face of the trigger.

Yeah, the most painful issue was that my finger would inevitably end up at the bottom of the trigger by the 2nd or 3rd shot (getting poked by the "fangs").  But even when I deliberately placed my finger at mid-trigger face (or higher) for each individual shot, it was still unpleasant to shoot.  Which is a disappointment, because I was fairly hopeful that the flat, wide face of the trigger would be the solution I was looking for (as it seems to have been for multiple posters on this thread).

I appreciate the pointer though.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »
How is your finger on the trigger.  I use to shoot rifles with my trigger finger up to the first joint.  Since shooting semi-auto pistol pistols I have moved my finger closer to the tip of the pad.  Like the red line in the CWP101 photo.  I tried shooting up to the first joint with the HBI trigger.  The bottom of the trigger was poking the bottom of my finger under recoil.  With the tip of the pad on the flat face of the the HBI trigger I don't have any issues. 

With the factory trigger I was having to put the raised safety in the crease of the first joint on my trigger finger to not get it to sting.  That much finger on the trigger caused me to push my shots to the left.  David

Unfortunately, everything I tried was unsuccessful.  I must of attempted about a dozen combinations of finger placement, from the tip of my finger-pad to beyond the first knuckle (and everything in between), and from low on the trigger face to as high on it as I could manage.  And to make sure it wasn't just the initial "fang bite" pain carrying over to the rest of my shots, I ran through 4 magazines with my Glock 19, but didn't experience any discomfort.

It's looking like it may be one of those rare "incompatibility" issues between my hand shape (and my long, bony fingers) and the pistol's combination of high-grip, trigger location, and length of pull.

Thanks for the advice and illustrations though.  I'll save a copy of both pics for future use, as I'm sure they'll be helpful for not only me, but also several of my family members that have recently got into shooting.

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2017, 02:20:28 PM »
Toby196 do you have large hands and fingers? I'm 5'7" and weigh 155 pounds with relatively slim fingers and have no issues at all with the stock trigger. No rubbing or pinching. I thought about getting the HBI flat trigger but not for that reason. Having shot 1911's most of my life I prefer flat triggers over rounded one. The reason I am not going with the HBI trigger is it shortens the take up and since the P-10C is my every day carry, having a shorter take up concerns me. I am, however, going to try one of their 3.5 pound striker springs to lighten the trigger pull just a bit. Mine currently breaks at 5.15 pounds and I would like it closer to 4.5 pounds. Good luck solving your trigger issue.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
Toby it happens.  I can't stand the newer curved trigger on CZ's.  It tears my finger up.  The original silver trigger is much better for me.  Fortunately we are in a time where we have tons of options for pistols.  David

Offline Toby196

« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
Toby196 do you have large hands and fingers? I'm 5'7" and weigh 155 pounds with relatively slim fingers and have no issues at all with the stock trigger. No rubbing or pinching. I thought about getting the HBI flat trigger but not for that reason. Having shot 1911's most of my life I prefer flat triggers over rounded one. The reason I am not going with the HBI trigger is it shortens the take up and since the P-10C is my every day carry, having a shorter take up concerns me. I am, however, going to try one of their 3.5 pound striker springs to lighten the trigger pull just a bit. Mine currently breaks at 5.15 pounds and I would like it closer to 4.5 pounds. Good luck solving your trigger issue.
Thanks, cremaley.  I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually.

To answer your question: My hands aren't extremely large (probably somewhat over average), but I do have long, thin fingers (I'm 6'1" and about 185 pounds).

Offline Jeff25

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:59 PM »
Well, I still get pinched, although not as badly. I got inspired by pics on the Great Lakes Custom Works FB Page. They do some awesome custom stippling, and they also do finger index cutouts under trigger guards. If they can cut a deeper finger groove under the guard, they could just as easily scoop a bit out INSIDE the guard. I started with polishing the inside of the trigger guard, and hopefully that?s all it will take. I gently filed the seam down under the trigger, and smoothed it out with 1500 grit paper. I?ll report back as soon as I get a chance to get out and try it.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
Well, I still get pinched, although not as badly. I got inspired by pics on the Great Lakes Custom Works FB Page. They do some awesome custom stippling, and they also do finger index cutouts under trigger guards. If they can cut a deeper finger groove under the guard, they could just as easily scoop a bit out INSIDE the guard. I started with polishing the inside of the trigger guard, and hopefully that?s all it will take. I gently filed the seam down under the trigger, and smoothed it out with 1500 grit paper. I?ll report back as soon as I get a chance to get out and try it.

I'll be interested to hear if that works for you.  I'm still not entirely sure whether my problem is my finger being pinched or a form of "trigger-slap" from the bottom of the trigger.  If it's the former, I may have to try your solution, if it works out for you.

BTW, if anyone here is interested in my "used" black HBI Trigger Kit (I only used the trigger, not the rest of the kit, and only fired 60 rounds) let me know.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2017, 12:50:49 AM »
If  had extra cash I would. You have enough posts to put it up on Classifieds.

anything