Author Topic: HB Industries P10 trigger  (Read 47447 times)

Offline Toby196

Re: HB Industries P10 trigger
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »
If  had extra cash I would. You have enough posts to put it up on Classifieds.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing.  I've been thinking of doing so since I removed it, but have just been too lazy/distracted to list it.  ;D

Offline Jeff25

« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »
This is the only pistol I?ve ever handled where the slide return actually resets the trigger. At first I thought it was slapping too, but I actually had a crease along my finger after about a hundred rounds.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2017, 12:50:31 AM »
Trigger reset should only occur when you let the trigger out. You can hear it during dry fire quite easily, and it's a short and easy reset. If the trigger is reset only by the slide movement...I might contact CZ-USA and see what's up. As for a crease, yep, the trigger is the one thing I would like to replace with the flatter HBI - after 185 rounds my trigger finger is feeling the bite a wee bit!

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
Well, I still get pinched, although not as badly. I got inspired by pics on the Great Lakes Custom Works FB Page. They do some awesome custom stippling, and they also do finger index cutouts under trigger guards. If they can cut a deeper finger groove under the guard, they could just as easily scoop a bit out INSIDE the guard. I started with polishing the inside of the trigger guard, and hopefully that?s all it will take. I gently filed the seam down under the trigger, and smoothed it out with 1500 grit paper. I?ll report back as soon as I get a chance to get out and try it.

I'll be interested to hear if that works for you.  I'm still not entirely sure whether my problem is my finger being pinched or a form of "trigger-slap" from the bottom of the trigger.  If it's the former, I may have to try your solution, if it works out for you.

BTW, if anyone here is interested in my "used" black HBI Trigger Kit (I only used the trigger, not the rest of the kit, and only fired 60 rounds) let me know.

I?d be interested!
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2017, 11:31:14 PM »
I?d be interested!
I responded to your PM.  Thanks.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »

Was your finger sliding down the face of the trigger? The very bottom of the trigger can still be a little uncomfortable, but there's a plenty big, flat area on the face of the trigger.

Yeah, the most painful issue was that my finger would inevitably end up at the bottom of the trigger by the 2nd or 3rd shot (getting poked by the "fangs").  But even when I deliberately placed my finger at mid-trigger face (or higher) for each individual shot, it was still unpleasant to shoot.  Which is a disappointment, because I was fairly hopeful that the flat, wide face of the trigger would be the solution I was looking for (as it seems to have been for multiple posters on this thread).

I appreciate the pointer though.

I took my P10C out to the range yesterday, planning on running another 100 rounds through it.  To date, the trigger issue has not been terrible, and I do have an HBi trigger installed, but for whatever reason, it was awful yesterday.  I stopped shooting the P10C after 30 rounds and put the remaining rounds through my 99021 75B railed compact that I was carrying yesterday.  It's not a real fair comparison though, as that guns been fully polished internally with a CGW Pro kit installed.  I tried different finger placement like you mentioned above, but like you, it made little difference.  I think that it's the sharp inner edges of the hooks that were biting my trigger finger.  To add insult to injury, I had a Glock 23 along and had no trigger pinch issues with that and ran a quick 50 rounds through it. 

I need to figure out what to do to fix the P10C trigger as I love that gun.  The trigger pinch is the only thing that's keeping it from being perfect for carry (for me, YMMV).  Sooner or later, someone has to come out with a trigger that can run through 500 rounds with no pain, just as the rest of my CZs can.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »

Was your finger sliding down the face of the trigger? The very bottom of the trigger can still be a little uncomfortable, but there's a plenty big, flat area on the face of the trigger.

Yeah, the most painful issue was that my finger would inevitably end up at the bottom of the trigger by the 2nd or 3rd shot (getting poked by the "fangs").  But even when I deliberately placed my finger at mid-trigger face (or higher) for each individual shot, it was still unpleasant to shoot.  Which is a disappointment, because I was fairly hopeful that the flat, wide face of the trigger would be the solution I was looking for (as it seems to have been for multiple posters on this thread).

I appreciate the pointer though.

I took my P10C out to the range yesterday, planning on running another 100 rounds through it.  To date, the trigger issue has not been terrible, and I do have an HBi trigger installed, but for whatever reason, it was awful yesterday.  I stopped shooting the P10C after 30 rounds and put the remaining rounds through my 99021 75B railed compact that I was carrying yesterday.  It's not a real fair comparison though, as that guns been fully polished internally with a CGW Pro kit installed.  I tried different finger placement like you mentioned above, but like you, it made little difference.  I think that it's the sharp inner edges of the hooks that were biting my trigger finger.  To add insult to injury, I had a Glock 23 along and had no trigger pinch issues with that and ran a quick 50 rounds through it. 

I need to figure out what to do to fix the P10C trigger as I love that gun.  The trigger pinch is the only thing that's keeping it from being perfect for carry (for me, YMMV).  Sooner or later, someone has to come out with a trigger that can run through 500 rounds with no pain, just as the rest of my CZs can.
Yes, it looks like you had pretty much the same experience as me.  Coincidentally, after enduring enough pain from shooting with the P-10C, I also picked up my Glock (a G19) to finish out my session, and it felt painless (as usual).

And yeah, I'm hoping for another trigger alternative to become available too.  I do have a 2nd issue with the P-10C, which is the position of the Slide Release (which either causes failure to lock open, or requires me to use an unnatural feeling grip), but that can eventually be addressed by either modifying the Lever or, if that isn't possible, just training enough with an altered thumb placement.

I also really want to make this gun work for me, as it is far more ergonomic than my EDC G19 (I know that's not saying much, lol), and has a noticeably better trigger pull.  Without the trigger pain and Slide Release interference, it would make an outstanding replacement/substitution to my G19 as my "daily-carry gun".
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:05:05 PM by Toby196 »

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »
I pulled the HBi trigger out of mine tonight and took a small file to the inside edges of the fangs. to round them down a bit.  I also took a file and cleaned up the inside of the trigger guard.  I sanded it smooth and it feels better now, but we'll see this weekend with some rounds down range.  I shot this along side of my G23 yesterday and the G23 did feel better.  It's like shooting a brick, but the trigger didn't bite like the P10C's did.  I really want to figure the P10C trigger out.  I've tried to carry G19s but could not get comfortable with them and ended selling them both.  The G23 works for me for some reason, and the P10C would give me what the G19 promised, but in a much nicer package.  I am really comfortable with the P10C and am at around 1700 rounds now.  Love the thing, but it needs to stop biting the finger that shoots it.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2017, 09:27:30 PM »
I pulled the HBi trigger out of mine tonight and took a small file to the inside edges of the fangs. to round them down a bit.  I also took a file and cleaned up the inside of the trigger guard.  I sanded it smooth and it feels better now, but we'll see this weekend with some rounds down range.  I shot this along side of my G23 yesterday and the G23 did feel better.  It's like shooting a brick, but the trigger didn't bite like the P10C's did.  I really want to figure the P10C trigger out.  I've tried to carry G19s but could not get comfortable with them and ended selling them both.  The G23 works for me for some reason, and the P10C would give me what the G19 promised, but in a much nicer package.  I am really comfortable with the P10C and am at around 1700 rounds now.  Love the thing, but it needs to stop biting the finger that shoots it.
Lol - Well said! ;D

Offline seaswol

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2017, 09:46:37 PM »
What is the purpose of the fangs on a trigger that is mostly flat?

Offline Raven1967

« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
Installed my HB trigger today and was a very easy install.Will to get to the range soon to test it out.

CZ SP-01 Phantom
CZ P-07 Urban Grey
CZ P-09 FDE
CZ 75B Cold War
CZ P10C
CZ 75 Compact

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2017, 02:36:25 AM »
This evening I installed the trigger I purchased from Toby, had a bit of trouble with it resetting reliably and could hear some scraping when manually pulling the trigger forward.
I checked for interference between the trigger bar and locking block but had plenty of clearance. Reinstalled and worked the trigger multiple times, removed it again and found wear marks on the trigger itself.

The trigger was rubbing the locking block in the corners of the locking block slot. I knocked down two corners on the trigger using a small file and sandpaper. Works fine now.
Difficult to describe and I didn?t take it apart again to take pics, but hopefully this pic will get be clear. The circled area on each side of the trigger was rubbing very slightly.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2017, 03:01:31 AM »
This evening I installed the trigger I purchased from Toby, had a bit of trouble with it resetting reliably and could hear some scraping when manually pulling the trigger forward.
I checked for interference between the trigger bar and locking block but had plenty of clearance. Reinstalled and worked the trigger multiple times, removed it again and found wear marks on the trigger itself.

The trigger was rubbing the locking block in the corners of the locking block slot. I knocked down two corners on the trigger using a small file and sandpaper. Works fine now.
Difficult to describe and I didn?t take it apart again to take pics, but hopefully this pic will get be clear. The circled area on each side of the trigger was rubbing very slightly.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I didn't notice any rubbing/interference on the trigger in the short time I had it installed (or anywhere on the locking block, but I had already modified the locking block's lower-rear corners to prevent contact with the Trigger Bar).

I'm glad you were able to fix the problem and get it working properly.  I hope it works well for you during live-fire at the range.  :)

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »
No problem at all Toby!!! We know these pistols have some minor differences from month to month, it?s a gun issue - not a trigger issue.

Hope I didn?t make it seem like I was complaining about the trigger purchase! That was fast and flawless.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2017, 07:32:56 AM »
No problem at all Toby!!! We know these pistols have some minor differences from month to month, it?s a gun issue - not a trigger issue.

Hope I didn?t make it seem like I was complaining about the trigger purchase! That was fast and flawless.

Thanks milq, it's cool.  I didn't interpret your post as a complaint, but I just tend to be disappointed and feel responsible if I sale something (or even give a family member a gift) and there are problems with it that I was unaware of.  :-[  I'm just glad that is sounds like you have the issue handled.

And thanks again for the ultra-quick payment - it's always nice having a smooth, painless transaction.   :)