Author Topic: SKU# 99041 - Steel compact P01? Looks like 99021  (Read 50747 times)

Offline Veritas

Re: SKU# 99041 - Steel compact P01? Looks like 99021
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »

They?re sold out now. You must have spurred a forum rush to get them while they?re hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I saw a post on Google while eating lunch in my truck at work. (I'm an elevator mechanic). There were 5 available then. Within 10 minutes of completing my purchase, they were sold out

Offline 2tango2

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 07:05:47 PM »

They?re sold out now. You must have spurred a forum rush to get them while they?re hot.

Oooops

Offline seaswol

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2018, 09:04:43 PM »
Scarlett Pistol said: Haha I was just a little part of it. All the members that teamed up on that original thread really helped spread the word and get the ball rolling. If I could do us one last favor it would be to tell CZ to make the compacts with the Shadow 2 improved grip. That would just be the final step in compact greatness!!!
[/quote]

If we all work on it this year maybe 2019 will bring some more happiness.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:08:00 PM by seaswol, Reason: clarity »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:04 PM »
Very true! That will be our goal, a compact with that grip.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Veritas

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »
Heads up guys and gals, there are five 99041 for sale on GunBroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/738098420

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2018, 04:40:29 PM »
Heads up guys and gals, there are five 99041 for sale on GunBroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/738098420

What do I do??? I have no practical use for this, especially since I have the 99021, yet I?m burning to get one..
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
I usually don't try and talk people out of buying guns... but I'll try and introduce some rationale even though I'm not sure it matters. This gun serves really no purpose. It's a brick. But it's awesome.

It's too heavy to carry compared to the P01...it's unique until it comes out again: Example 99021 to 99041

CZ isn't saying this is a limited production run and it'll never be made again. When I spoke to someone at CZ, their messaging was that if there are other markets that don't want guns then they go to the US market by default...so maybe we'll see more. Maybe we won't. It depends.

Within about year we saw it come out again in slightly different form (rollmark).

So we're all talking about a gun that falls into no practical use that has already been introduced twice because another world market didn't want it. We got sloppy seconds.
We're the cause of our own hype, hysteria and price gouging.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »
I hear ya myczaccount.......have a 99021, and waiting for a shadowline compact to show up at my LGS (shoot, they're on vacation until Monday :-(
...if it helps, if the shadowline hadn't become available, my order for the 99041 would already be placed (assuming they're still there). Maybe you should go for the shadowline......might be a better carry piece?

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
Carrying is no option for me in NJ. I really think I?m falling for our little echo chamber at the end of the day. I?ve seen many posts on other forums where ppl with a 99021 had no clue it was a limited run. And I believe even fewer ppl will appreciate this gun, except the few of us on the forum. I?d almost rather save the $700 towards 2 or 3 surplus 75s and refinish them...
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »
I think you might be better off that way. After my last post, I went and picked up my 99021, then my P-01, PCR....then a few Walthers. Yea, the 99021 really is that much heavier and a 99041 wouldn't really help me out. Kudos to those that got 'em.....but I talked myself out of jumping on the 99041 'just because'.

PS You're welcomed to come down here to TX :-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:18:13 PM by ernie_h »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »
Weight?  I carry a CZ 75 Compact (the 85 clone) for hours at a time.  In the winter it's in a drop leg holster and in the summer concealed IWB on my right hip.  I never notice the weight as long as I get my belt good and tight.

I think it's something you get used to.  Like deer hunting in the WV mountains with my M1A.  I don't recall every giving it a second thought.  Besides, it was a deer magnet.  I don't think they (the deer) had ever seen one before and they were curious. ;D  No deer (bucks) seen when carrying the Rem. 742, the sporterized M1917 or the 03A4, but that darn M1A drew'em in close.

Really carry it some, I think you'll get used to the weight.  Or make a home defense gun out of it.  Light rail.  You can install night sights.  You can use extended magazines in them (18 or 19 rounds - they just stick out a little bit more.)

Took one of mine to the range today.  The one converted to SAO.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »
Weight?  I carry a CZ 75 Compact (the 85 clone) for hours at a time.  In the winter it's in a drop leg holster and in the summer concealed IWB on my right hip.  I never notice the weight as long as I get my belt good and tight.

I think it's something you get used to.  Like deer hunting in the WV mountains with my M1A.  I don't recall every giving it a second thought.  Besides, it was a deer magnet.  I don't think they (the deer) had ever seen one before and they were curious. ;D  No deer (bucks) seen when carrying the Rem. 742, the sporterized M1917 or the 03A4, but that darn M1A drew'em in close.

Really carry it some, I think you'll get used to the weight.  Or make a home defense gun out of it.  Light rail.  You can install night sights.  You can use extended magazines in them (18 or 19 rounds - they just stick out a little bit more.)

I'm not saying it's impossible... But you literally have the same gun in an alloy frame that is more readily available.

So I don't see why someone would purposefully choose this gun to carry over the many other more reasonable carry choices.

Now I'm not saying it's not cool. It is. I'm just not sure if this warrants all the attention it's getting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2018, 08:37:34 PM »

I'm not saying it's impossible... But you literally have the same gun in an alloy frame that is more readily available.

So I don't see why someone would purposefully choose this gun to carry over the many other more reasonable carry choices.

Now I'm not saying it's not cool. It is. I'm just not sure if this warrants all the attention it's getting.

You're probably right, for a carry gun... Those of us that carry it don't do so for any of the standard reasons...

One of my SP-01 Compacts has a red dot and light on it. At some point I am going to shoot it in the Carry Optics Division. Until then it does some concealed carry, but mostly it is in a quick access safe next to my bed. It takes full size mags, so there's no capacity limitation. The red dot eliminates the need for a longer slide for a longer sight radius. The heavy frame tames recoil better than a lot of full size pistols. It is as accurate as a match pistol, as reliable as the best pistols, and fits my hands wonderfully. I guess it has found its place as my preferred HD pistol. Not asking to start a rifle VS handgun for HD conversation. I know, this just gets me to my long gun so no need for that to tangent.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »

You're probably right, for a carry gun... Those of us that carry it don't do so for any of the standard reasons...

One of my SP-01 Compacts has a red dot and light on it. At some point I am going to shoot it in the Carry Optics Division. Until then it does some concealed carry, but mostly it is in a quick access safe next to my bed. It takes full size mags, so there's no capacity limitation. The red dot eliminates the need for a longer slide for a longer sight radius. The heavy frame tames recoil better than a lot of full size pistols. It is as accurate as a match pistol, as reliable as the best pistols, and fits my hands wonderfully. I guess it has found its place as my preferred HD pistol. Not asking to start a rifle VS handgun for HD conversation. I know, this just gets me to my long gun so no need for that to tangent.
Yea I'm sure I can find a way to work it into a use... But chances are that I have other guns that fit the bill better without modification.

I'm not saying don't buy one... But we literally are getting something another market decided they didn't want; and we put it on a pedestal.

With all that being said : I love the gun but don't use it for anything practical.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2018, 09:35:23 PM »
Or make a home defense gun out of it.  Light rail.  You can install night sights.  You can use extended magazines in them (18 or 19 rounds - they just stick out a little bit more.)

Thanks. Yes, the 99021 is a home defense gun for now; perhaps at some point I'll try carrying, so don't want to rule it out. OTOH, just wondering.....what would be nice is if a 99041 would fit to a P-06 top end and work with the .40 magazines.......the extra weigh could make it a heck of a .40 shooter. I have an extra P-06, wonder if it'll work (please tell me it won't...otherwise, gonna have to break the bank).