Author Topic: SAR K12 Sport  (Read 8090 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: SAR K12 Sport
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 03:01:24 PM »
Will do, once I figure out a place to host them.

I recommend and use:  https://imgur.com/
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 04:13:44 PM »
I use imgur too. Just be sure to adjust the image size down a bit when adding new images.

Offline Travis F

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 10:33:01 AM »
Let's try this:

The offending sight--not sure why it's blurry:

Range results at 7yds. Not bad--got a little twitchy there at the end.

I also noticed that the mags work in my 75B just fine, so presumably the reverse is true if the magwell is removed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:45:24 AM by Travis F »

Offline J10mm

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »
I've had a hard time finding SAR guns. Gun Deals is currently blank. Anyone know of "stocking" dealers?

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2020, 02:28:47 PM »
I've had a hard time finding SAR guns. Gun Deals is currently blank. Anyone know of "stocking" dealers?

The place referred to earlier in the thread still has them.
https://www.ammoaz.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/sar-usa-k12stsp-k-12-sport-9mm-luger-470-171-stainless-steel-gray-polymer-grip-2909119

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Pomyluy

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »
Thanks for the pics! It's a handsome gun, I like it. :) Can't wait to get my hands on a SAR, I'd love to try one out. If they're compatible with a few CZ 75 parts (like a CGW trigger pin, or maybe trigger/hammer) that'd be really awesome.
CZ 75B SA (2005) - CZ 452 FS (2011) - CZ 527M Carbine (2014)

Offline cstellabott

SAR K12 Sport
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2020, 05:32:21 PM »
It’s already up the the Mid 7s range w/ over 2 days to go on a online auction site. I’d like one but I’ll wait till it gets closer to the $579 MSRP price. If that’s possible?! Great looking pistol tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pomyluy

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
It’s already up the the Mid 7s range w/ over 2 days to go on a online auction site. I’d like one but I’ll wait till it gets closer to the $579 MSRP price. If that’s possible?! Great looking pistol tho!

Which is insane, since it's still in stock for $550 at the link posted a little higher up. I guess some people go straight to Gunbroker and never look anywhere else for better deals?
CZ 75B SA (2005) - CZ 452 FS (2011) - CZ 527M Carbine (2014)

Offline cstellabott

SAR K12 Sport
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2020, 08:12:14 PM »
“ I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill”  lol . I’ll be waiting for a deal, or at least list price at the worst. Not for 20-25% over. To each his own. If I had it like that, I do it too

Offline draftpick

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2020, 09:12:18 PM »

Which is insane, since it's still in stock for $550 at the link posted a little higher up. I guess some people go straight to Gunbroker and never look anywhere else for better deals?

They are out of the pistols a couple days ago. Tried to buy one.

Offline cstellabott

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 07:30:25 PM »
It sold for just over $800. I’ll def wait!

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 07:42:24 PM »
That’s crazy to me.

Offline jaegersapper

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 11:09:49 PM »
Looks awesome.  Wish it had a rail, and was a little smaller.......

Offline Travis F

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »
So I took a chance that the spring kit from Galloway Precision would fit, I'm happy to say that it does! The instructional video was also very good, though I nearly lost the magazine release detent (it's tiny!) and the trigger return spring was not easy. I also had to make a 1/32" punch out of an old dental tool to take out the tiny roll pin holding in the right side safety lever, which is unique to the K12 Sport.

The trigger was already extremely crisp and the pull was at about 4.5lbs from the factory. I took the time to polish the usual parts while it was in pieces, and now it's even smoother, with the pull around 3.5lbs. Would have liked more, but I expect that'll improve some over time as the gun gets worn in. Sooo... overall I'm pretty pleased with this gun, the now lighter trigger, and especially with my polished and smoother action. Everything about this gun is crisper and cleaner than my 75B, and I shoot them about the same.

I also talked with the Lok Grips folks, and I think the Tanfos will fit, cut short for the magwell. I've debated removing the magwell entirely and going with the medium grips, but TBD on that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:20:56 AM by Travis F »

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »
So I took a chance that the spring kit from Galloway Precision would fit, I'm happy to say that it does! The instructional video was also very good, though I nearly lost the magazine release detent (it's tiny!) and the trigger return spring was not easy. I also had to make a 1/32" punch out of an old dental tool to take out the tiny roll pin holding in the right side safety lever, which is unique to the K12 Sport.

The trigger was already extremely crisp and the pull was at about 4.5lbs from the factory. I took the time to polish the usual parts while it was in pieces, and now it's even smoother, with the pull around 3.5lbs. Would have liked more, but I expect that'll improve some over time as the gun gets worn in. Sooo... overall I'm pretty pleased with this gun, the no lighter trigger, and especially with my polished and smoother action. Everything about this gun is crisper and cleaner than my 75B, and I shoot them about the same.

I also talked with the Lok Grips folks, and I think the Tanfos will fit, cut short for the magwell. I've debated removing the magwell entirely and going with the medium grips, but TBD on that.

Just a thought, maybe get the medium LOK grips and if you wanna reinstall the mag well later you can trim the grips.

anything