Author Topic: Subcompact DA/SA  (Read 7478 times)

Offline BarkingAnt

Re: Subcompact DA/SA
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »
I have to ask this: has anyone ever shot a .40 S&W Rami? What's the recoil like? I have a Tristar c-100 in 40, recoil is no worse than a .40 75B. I imagine Rami recoil would be more pronounced.

I DO look like my avatar!

Offline alp3367

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
I have to ask this: has anyone ever shot a .40 S&W Rami? What's the recoil like? I have a Tristar c-100 in 40, recoil is no worse than a .40 75B. I imagine Rami recoil would be more pronounced.

I've shot the old poly framed one. It's...stout. I would not recommend. There is a reason it's no longer made.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »

I've shot the old poly framed one. It's...stout. I would not recommend. There is a reason it's no longer made.
The polymer framed Rami was discontinued long ago as they had issues with the frames. The metal framed Rami was/is a solid performer albeit just not my cup.

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2021, 09:19:03 AM »

Thanks for info, I've eyeballed them wondering. Bought a 10mm Double Eagle a long time ago, it was more than I wanted for a defensive pistol and I traded it back in for a .45 ACP.
I DO look like my avatar!

Offline DW06

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »
I like about every CZ handgun there is ..... except the RAMI.  Just something about it I do not like.  CZ compact or P-01 is my favorite EDC CZ.  P-07 my favorite range CZ, although a P-09 at a good deal would be a consideration.

That's because the Rami is basically straight in the back compared to the nice rounded hump a P-01 has.  You can use the Handgun Hero website to overlay them on top of each other and see for yourself.  Side by side they're very noticeable to me, both in hand and by eye; it makes the Rami very off-putting to me too.

I've read somewhere that CZ would run into import restrictions if they tried to bring in smaller guns, which is why they don't make single stacks.  Anyone know if that's correct?

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 09:30:48 AM »
yes, but that was before they opened up a US location last year.
I'm patiently waiting for a single stack sub from them WITH a hammer of course..
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline DW06

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »
Ty for the info!  And yes to hammer from me... But I highly doubt it'll happen

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
I Purchased the Very Best Subcompact Today  8)
HK P30SK LEM Trigger

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2021, 01:12:37 AM »
^ Great choice. I think that if you want a sub-com DA/SA pistol, the P30SK is one of the best options available these days.

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2021, 05:16:20 AM »
I Purchased the Very Best Subcompact Today  8)
HK P30SK LEM Trigger

Very nice. Let us know how it shoots for you. I thought I wanted one a couple years ago until I actually handled one. Then not so much.

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2021, 08:18:01 AM »
I love the ergonomics. With the medium backstrap and side plates, she fits my hand like a glove.

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2021, 08:45:44 AM »
I love the ergonomics. With the medium backstrap and side plates, she fits my hand like a glove.
I really like the gun but like the Rami the grip was just too short for me otherwise I would have definitely bought one.

Offline Northern

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »
I have one, too, also LEM, and I love it. Have both versions of the ten round mag as well as 13 and 15 round extended mags; and I recently picked up a VP9SK. As to the comment about shooting them, I’ve enjoyed shooting both every bit as much as shooting my P-01.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2021, 12:13:45 PM »
I have one, too, also LEM, and I love it. Have both versions of the ten round mag as well as 13 and 15 round extended mags; and I recently picked up a VP9SK. As to the comment about shooting them, I’ve enjoyed shooting both every bit as much as shooting my P-01.

I picked up a VP9SK about a month ago and love it. First range trip with it I was knocking down plates @ 15 yds with ease, and I can't say that about every sub-compact I've shot. But I think I 'need' a P30 in the stable as well....

Offline Northern

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2021, 03:58:58 PM »
@hammer time:
And you “need” a P30L... and I need a VP9L ... and and and... 🤣