Author Topic: Pistol comparisons (pic heavy)  (Read 83525 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Pistol comparisons (pic heavy)
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »
I'm surprised too. Lots of people like the Cheetah. I didn't like the difficulty of detail stripping it and lack of aftermarket parts. Then with its size ratios it's not that great for carry. But those are just my thoughts.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Wahoo1 again

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2016, 10:39:34 AM »
I still wonder why Beretta will not make a 9mm in the Cheeta size, with all these sub compacts I think they could do it.

They do it's called the Beretta 9000 series.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »
I still wonder why Beretta will not make a 9mm in the Cheeta size, with all these sub compacts I think they could do it.
Beretta. Because you suck, and we hate you! Oops, forgot that's HK lol.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2016, 03:29:15 PM »
Wahoo, it's polymer and the Cheeta is not.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
I'm with ya FJ. The Cheeta is a good little packin size, and seems like it would be a good fit. Always liked the looks.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Cyanide

Pistol comparisons (pic heavy)
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2016, 12:37:08 AM »
Sorry this isn't going to be much gang, but got bored earlier and took several pictures of my new P93 DAO next to my CZ 100. In the upcoming days, provided I can get back through the house, I will pick up another couple of my new additions and post pics of them, and hopefully next to the P-07 (it's taking a break from EDC so that the 100 gets a turn).

Then a couple separate shots of how narrow the P93's grip is when compared to the upper thickness, which for me and my small hands translates into a very comfortable pistol to hold and shoot, especially with it having all of the weight pretty much in the slide on top of that light alloy frame (unlike a classic Sig P-series or Beretta 92 = fat grips).

More later!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:38:58 AM by Cyanide »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2016, 01:22:44 AM »
More please.  :D

Edit: The rear sight set screw of the P93 is offset. Is there a design reason for this that you are aware of?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:26:31 AM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline jimsjrt

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2016, 07:34:54 AM »
Thanks for this picture thread. Very helpful.

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
Best thread on the internet

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »
Thanks gang, glad y'all enjoy it!

Tok36, I honestly have no idea why Ruger did that, but IIRC, the three P95's I previously owned were the same. Must just be the way that Ruger designed them.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2016, 03:13:15 AM »
Thanks gang, glad y'all enjoy it!

Tok36, I honestly have no idea why Ruger did that, but IIRC, the three P95's I previously owned were the same. Must just be the way that Ruger designed them.

Interesting, i was thinking that maybe they hid something under the sight like on the M&P Pistols.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2016, 06:54:47 PM »
Sorry these won't be the best of pictures gang, but now that I have all of them together, say hello to the newest four members of my family (including the aforementioned P93 DAO)!

Some of you may recognize them, some might not since three of them have been discontinued for a number of years. Clockwise from the top, left to right:
Browning BDM, S&W 5943 SSV, Ruger P93 DAO, S&W SD9VE.

I only had enough time to swing through the house for picking these up, and won't be able to get to the range to run some rounds through them until week after next, since next weekend when I get home I will be immediately picking up my son and going out of town for a few days doing stuff for his 17th birthday.

A quick, yet very rough shot of them side-by-side in order of the CZ 100, BDM, 5943, P93, and SD9VE, and then other comparison shots will be with my CZ 100 as the benchmark since one, it's still my #1 EDC, and two, it's almost identical in dimensions to my, okay, our beloved P-07 and the world renowned Glock 19.

I will say this, the Browning BDM grip is freaking tiny for a double stack 9mm (even though mine only has the 10 rd mags, regular capacity was 15).

I'm also going to pick up a straight backstrap grip panel for the 5943, just to make it a tiny bit more comfortable. And then, night sights will be ordered and installed on all that have the option available.

More later!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:00:22 PM by Cyanide »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »
Nice bunch of newer handguns! 8)  Congratulations and may they serve you well!   :)

I have your SD9VE's direct ancestor, the SW9VE, albeit with a slight Trigger Job removing that horrible pigtail Spring.
Quite recently, I installed a green Fiber Optic Front Sight.  I carry it often.

S&W SW9VE with minor trigger job, removing the bottom pigtail spring
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:27:00 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2016, 08:30:49 PM »
The 5943 is a hoot to shoot with that pre-cocked DAO. Definitely feels better for me with a straight backstrap.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »
JWC, thanks as always! The trigger pull on mine doesn't feel really all that bad compared to the original, older models. Dare I say I actually like it, because it reminds me of a true double action trigger.

The 5943 is a hoot to shoot with that pre-cocked DAO. Definitely feels better for me with a straight backstrap.
Can't wait Psyop! I swear I must've dry fired it alone at least 200x yesterday lol. Yeah, I myself am definitely digging on this trigger; it reminds me of my CZC DAO-converted P-07 with how smooth it is, just with a shorter trigger pull, obviously no second-strike capability, and it feels just a little heavier in the pull weight. It also feels really good in my hand as well, right up there with my CZ 100 and P-07, just with a slightly more hand filling grip.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:09:10 PM by Cyanide »