Author Topic: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!  (Read 310612 times)

Offline TonyB-PCR

Re: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2016, 11:10:24 AM »
Thanks for the kind words - the lighting *effects* look nice, but the general poor quality lighting is what's causing the photo to look all nasty and grainy due to the high ISO my phone throws on it. For comparison, this is a quickie I shot of my new Glock 19 with my iPhone with good, direct lighting, a much lower ISO, and a simple filter for that moody look  ;D: http://i.imgur.com/5k1M4ET.jpg

Valk, I have to agree, that photo looks great, as does your Scorpion, of course.

Mine just arrived at my local FFL moments ago, and I get to see it Friday night...

EDIT / ADD:  The "BCM Gunfighter Mod 3" is for the Bravo Company line, right?  Sorry for the ignorant question...

This looks to be it here:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Vertical-Grip-Mod3-1913-Black-p/bcm-vg-1913-mod-3-blk.htm

Yep, that's the one. I originally considered putting a Magpul M-LOK MVG on the Scorpion, but figured I'd try the Gunfighter since I wanted to try it on my AR as well (I have a cantilevered flashlight that encourages me to tilt my support hand forward on that gun). Turns out it feels better than the MVG in basically every way to me just because of that slight angle, so I left it on the Scorpion and ordered a second one for my AR. (I ended up with two Aimpoint H-1s last month in the same way.) There's also a "standard" Gunfighter grip that has integrated storage and a "broomstick" variant, but I don't really need either of those things and don't consider the additional $20 I'd pay worth it for either anyway. If you want to try one of the grips out yourself, I'd recommend ordering through AIM Surplus, who has them in a variety of colors and offers free shipping on all their BCM stuff.

Only downside to the Gunfighter is that BCM is wholly committed to Keymod since they more or less pioneered it, and that means no M-LOK versions of their accessories. Mine is attached to a 5-slot polymer M-LOK rail. The Gunfighter Mod 3 is juuuust long enough that one end of the 5-slot rail pokes out (you can see it in the front), and the other end of the grip hangs over the back end of the rail, leaving a small gap between the grip and the handguard. Annoying, but I can live with it.

Valk, thanks much for the detailed response.  I was wondering about the Keymod / M-LOK interface, and you explained it well.  I will need to give that some though as I decide what to do, what options to consider...

And, thanks for mentioning AIM Surplus.  I'm relatively new to all of "this", with AR builds looming, so I will make it a point to check AIM Surplus too...  Thanks again.
Bay Area, CA - USA

Offline Sigma05

Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »

Pretty much my final setup.... for now. :) What a difference the Yeti Wurx Everest grip makes. Love it.

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2016, 11:26:12 PM »
Another trip to the range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline muggia59

« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
Sigma05. That is very sharp. Is that a krinkov style muzzle break on there, and if so, did it change your point of impact? Just wondering, because I have one myself that I was going to put on mine, but when I had it on my AR pistol, it changed the POI so much that I didnt feel like messing with it and removed.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Sigma05

Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2016, 12:05:04 PM »
Sigma05. That is very sharp. Is that a krinkov style muzzle break on there, and if so, did it change your point of impact? Just wondering, because I have one myself that I was going to put on mine, but when I had it on my AR pistol, it changed the POI so much that I didnt feel like messing with it and removed.

Not at all. The one I have is completely open in the front. It actually doesn't do anything other than direct blast forward away from the flashlight and my hand.  It has no internal baffles like Noveske Pig. Soon I'm going to be testing a few different brakes and flash suppressors to get an idea what works best for my needs.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:07:49 PM by Sigma05 »

Offline muggia59

« Reply #245 on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »
Cool. I took the cone out of mine because it's supposed to be for 556, and not willing to take the chance it wont clear 9mm. Enjoying everyones pictures. Keep them coming.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Sigma05

« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »
Cool. I took the cone out of mine because it's supposed to be for 556, and not willing to take the chance it wont clear 9mm. Enjoying everyones pictures. Keep them coming.

I'll be doing just that with a 5.56 flash hider. I'll be boring it to 10mm and see how effective it is like that.

Offline AKTRP

« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »

Offline hyrysc

« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »
Here is mine with its shorter cousin.

Offline mtl111

« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »
Sweet! ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline 13moons

« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2016, 07:45:28 PM »

Hey there,

The front end of the sbr is very unique ..  would you mind listing a parts detail?

(Apologies for derailing the thread a lil-bit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2016, 10:43:33 PM »

Offline hyrysc

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »

Hey there,

The front end of the sbr is very unique ..  would you mind listing a parts detail?

(Apologies for derailing the thread a lil-bit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming that you mean the AR15 SBR because the muzzle device in the Scorpion is a Tirant 9.

I saw this at a gun show and had to have it.  Not really sure about who made it, but here is a link to one that I found that looks  just like it.

http://midstatefirearms.com/Claw-Flash-Hider-223-1-2-28-Threads-claw223.htm

Offline AKTRP

« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2016, 03:41:01 AM »

I added a Yeti Wurks switchback grip, and mag release. Shooters Element trigger, and charging handle. Gear Head Works safety. Sig Romeo 4C. And HBI trigger springs round out the mods so far.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:44:02 AM by AKTRP »

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2016, 03:56:15 AM »
So far this is the best looking scorpion in the thread. How did you get that red color in there, Duracoat or Cerakote?

The wife's new toy

anything