Author Topic: Solve your CZ 75 Kadet Stovepipe Problems!!!!  (Read 151566 times)

Offline SEE ZEE

Solve your CZ 75 Kadet Stovepipe Problems!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2002, 08:52:11 PM »
Mapdude,

filed the angle back to 105 degrees on the ejector this morning.  Took it out today and put 200 rounds through it only one stove pipe to deal with it's a keeper now,  Thanks for the great info,  That's what makes this place the best.

Offline mapdude

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2002, 04:36:07 PM »
CEE ZEE, just out of curiosity, how often was your conversion stovepiping before the modification?  

Also, if you have more than one or two FTF per 100 rounds using ammo with good primers like Mini Mags and CCI blazer then you may want to sharpen your chisel point a little bit.  Just don't shorten it at all.

fusca1, I am very happy the modification is working so well for you.  I really think CZ needs to make this a factory modification and hope they will read these posts and take this into serious consideration because the reputation of their products suffer whenever a product is unreliable.  mapdude

Offline SEE ZEE

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2002, 07:32:28 PM »
Mapdude,

Before the modification I was experiencing 4 to 5 stovepipes per 100  rounds.  Also out of the 2 hundred I only experienced 4 FTF on first strike but all fired on second try.  What I didn't state in the earlier post that this is with Federal Bulk ammo from Wal Mart.  Also the stovepipe occurred while shooting machine gun fire (hold gun in left hand and pull trigger as fast as you can with right hand trigger finger) if you're having a problem this will usually bring it out.

Thanks again

Offline mapdude

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2002, 01:36:27 AM »
I like the Fed Bulk packs best for bulk ammo but have found the CCI stuff to be a bit more reliable as far as ignition.  CCI blazer at 89cents a box is just as cheap but not readily available in my area that low so I make due with the bulk pack stuff.    mapdude

Offline VonFatman

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2002, 11:39:38 PM »
Mapdude,
            I'd appreciate a photo some time...the sloped ejector.
            I could take a photo of mine and let you mark it up and e-mail it back to me.  I'd like to do this to my kit.
            Bob
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
- Richard Henry Lee

Offline mapdude

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2002, 06:22:44 PM »
VonFatman, look at the picture in this thread.  If that isn't clear let me know but it should anwer your questions.  mapdude

Offline SEE ZEE

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2002, 10:22:17 PM »
Mapdude,

I've run another 550 rounds of federal ammo through my kadet,  that makes 750 with only one stovepipe.  Thanks again for the great advice

Offline mapdude

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2002, 03:41:00 PM »
Great, that's what I love to hear. These are great kits with a little tweeking!!!!  I really do think the cases get caught on the stock conversion because they are ejecting directly 90 degrees into the frame and not up and out the ejection port. mapdude

Offline VonFatman

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2002, 09:17:14 PM »
Mapdude,
            I'll let you know if I need a different shot.
            VF
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
- Richard Henry Lee

Offline mapdude

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2002, 04:49:01 PM »
VonFatman,

Please let us know if this cures your stovepipe problems.  mapdude

Offline mapdude

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2002, 09:20:04 AM »
Bump:  I thought I should give this a bump for the newer members who have been having problems, mapdude

Offline sven

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2002, 12:50:17 AM »
Thanks for bringing this BTT.

-

Alright, here is my question about your photo.

In the top illustration, you show yellow/green lines indicating changing the 90 angle to a 105 degree angle.  This would eject the casings further upward.

The bottom illustration shows what appears to be A SEPARATE filing (blue line) made on the same surface, but at a different angle which would lead to a stronger lateral ejection.

Is this correct?  There are two different angles you approach this from?

If you could post a zoomed image of your extractor, from both angles you show in the other photo, that would be very helpful.

-sven

Offline mapdude

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2002, 09:02:48 PM »
sven, I don't have a better image but will try to explain.  By modifying the ejector in two directions you can change the ejection pattern to prevent most jams in the CZ kadet caused by a poorly designed ejector.  The factory ejector tends to throw brass at a 90 degree angle into the frame.  By sloping the ejector surface back to 100 or 105 degrees we can cause the casing to be thrown at a higher average angle from the kadet.  Even a casing that is thrown "low" from a modified gun will tend to clear the action rather than hit the frame and bounce back into the action causing a jam.  It is most important to slope the ejector back (red angle 105 degrees) so the cases will clear the frame EVERY time and not hit the frame on a regular basis.  I don't think the other angle (blue line) will make much difference but it will not hurt anything if you have a slight blue angle when you make the modification.   If you look at the 9mm ejector you will get a better idea what you need to do.  It has a flat surface that slopes back and to the side so the 9mm casings clear the frame.   I tried to copy this angle for the .22 ejector surface.  This is trial and error modification that can be done by hand with an emery board (cheap disposable nail file) without taking anything apart.  You may want to wrap the rest of the kadet in a cloth in case your hand slips.  The other posters who have tried this have improved reliability in their own guns. It is important to change the angle so that your cases clear the gun every time.  It doesn't have to be exactly like mine when you are finished.   mapdude

Offline sven

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2002, 11:52:29 PM »
Great idea on studying the CZ75's ejector for the shape.  I get it perfectly now.

I will post my results when I have them!

Offline mapdude

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2002, 04:34:05 PM »
Hey Sven, did you modify your ejector yet?  I've been waiting to hear if this clears up your stovepipe problem?  Mapdude