Author Topic: Solve your CZ 75 Kadet Stovepipe Problems!!!!  (Read 151648 times)

Offline joerchi69

Re: Solve your CZ 75 Kadet Stovepipe Problems!!!!
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2020, 03:39:25 PM »
Even stove pipes are very rare with the stove pipe mod i am interested in what way the spent shells take out of the ejection port. And if there is a modifikation necessary of the angles i filed. To may be get the brass thrown out directly without hitting the metall surface before reaching the outer ballistic area.
A thin layer of the dental occlusionspray on the ejection area showed me the contact points of the empty .22lr cases in that area and on the ejector.

First ejection of CCI SV

More brass hits of CCI SV (and stains)

Faster ammo (and stains)

On the ejector

Offline Andres B

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »
 You way over did it. Now you need new ejector. Aint cheap https://www.cz-spare.parts/vyhazovac-adapteru-cz-75-kadet-no-47
 The whole idea of this mod was to make ejector to hit casing lower so it can fly higher. No need to change whole shape of it. Just an angle of vertical part is enough.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2020, 07:42:45 PM »
It is interesting, how the contact to the Ejector seems fairly consistent
But the contact to the top of the Ejection Port is so random
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Andres B

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2020, 03:14:15 AM »
 I don't see any consistency in the way Joerchis ejector hits the casing. Just checked where my Kadet ejector is hitting and it is just on the corner of ejector which corresponds to the edge of casing. Picture sent by Joerchi shows, that brass spot is somewhere all around the middle of ejector. Surface of ejector is too rounded, should be square. Judging by my unit, Joerchis ejector shouldn't reach the casing at all. Seems like your casing just bounces out, not ejects properly. Put spent case in the chamber, slide the ,,slide'' on until it clicks and gently pull it out observing, where is contact point between case and ejector.
 But all guns are different...

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2020, 05:08:14 PM »
You way over did it. Now you need new ejector. Aint cheap https://www.cz-spare.parts/vyhazovac-adapteru-cz-75-kadet-no-47
 The whole idea of this mod was to make ejector to hit casing lower so it can fly higher. No need to change whole shape of it. Just an angle of vertical part is enough.

Hello Andres,
i am aware to be a layman. Before starting working on the ejector i ordered a new one to come back to zero.
I like to read your explanation of this mod "to make ejector to hit casing lower so it can fly higher". Thank you for the feed back.
Maybe you could post a pic of your idea of the right shape of the ejector mod ?
Or a foto of a drawing ?
That could help me dramatically to understand and perform a better form of the angles and shape.
I think, to have a direct case ejection out of the window without hitting the upper and slide is the right aim ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 05:12:26 PM by joerchi69, Reason: direct out of the window »

Offline Andres B

« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »
 I am not very good at posting pictures. Don't even have a smartphone.
 If you look at Joe L pictures https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66118.msg465836#msg465836  Leave overall shape of ejector as it is. You just need to change the angle of the face of ejector hitting casing. Stock one has angle of 90 degrees. You need to change it to 70-80 degrees so the ,,sharpened'' portion will be  hitting  case lower.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2020, 05:43:39 PM »
Hello Andres,
thank you very much. It is exactely what i need !   8)

Offline Andres B

« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2020, 10:12:36 AM »
 No problemo. The way Joe L solved stovepipes is just one way to do it. I did it differently.
 If you look at Joe L picture no 2, then you see exactly the surface to file down. Little square 2 by 2something mm-s. Worked for me. 2 minutes of work.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
You Guys are trying WAY too hard
All one needs do; is to knock the Point off of that Corner   ( Wish I had JoeRChi's Camera   ;)  )
A couple swipes of a File and you're done
I haven't had a Stovepipe or any other FT Eject issue since I did mine
And all I shoot is Federal Bulk

Also; you have to take the Spring Tension of your Extractor into account
If you don't have good Extractor Tension, you'll see poor ejection
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2020, 01:25:58 PM »
Sounds familiar to me  ::)  See pic. Any ideas how to move that pin holding the ejector ?

I am prepared. I did have the spare part ejector on the table before starting filing.
Will test the new one as it is first.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:39:54 PM by joerchi69, Reason: d »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2020, 01:38:06 PM »
( Wish I had JoeRChi's Camera   ;)  )
Wich is a "phone" Galaxy Xcover3, stand plated on my tea pot. On my beer bench davenport.

Offline Andres B

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2020, 02:21:18 PM »
 Never had the need to remove the ejector, but it looks like ejector is sitting in a dovetail like cut and pin is just holding it from moving back and forth. Also looks like pin is punched in from ejector side. Should come out punching from other side. Probly would be wise to support the ejector while punching out the pin to not damage the dovetail.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2020, 02:29:10 PM »
Sounds familiar to me  ::)  See pic. Any ideas how to move that pin holding the ejector ?

I am prepared. I did have the spare part ejector on the table before starting filing.
Will test the new one as it is first.
That bad-boy isn't just "Staked" in place
It looks to be Pressed / Pressure Welded
My KADET(1) doesn't look ANYTHING like THAT .... on either end
What does the Ejector side look like on yours ?
CZ-USA shows that to be a Roll-Pin   https://shop.cz-usa.com/adapter-ejector-pin-kadet311565002008.html
Mine is definitely NOT a Roll-Pin, and is flush on both ends

( Wish I had JoeRChi's Camera   ;)  )
Which is a "phone" Galaxy Xcover3, stand plated on my tea pot. On my beer bench davenport.
NICE !

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »
ejector is sitting in a dovetail like cut
You are right ! Nice to know before. Did not see it until you pointed me on this.

dovetail trapezoid shaped area

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »
Hello Den,
some more pics.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:20:50 PM by joerchi69 »

anything