Author Topic: SKU# 99041 - Steel compact P01? Looks like 99021  (Read 50722 times)

Offline myczaccount

CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline Over it

Re: SKU# 99041 - Steel compact P01? Looks like 99021
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »
Wow it?s already at $650... with 11 days to go!

https://www.riflegear.com/p-8966-cz-p-01-9mm-pistol-steel-frame.aspx  Free ship!

Ya that sold out within minutes

At the beginning of the week, they have 5 of these guys.  They said they will be getting more, they surprisingly regularly get good CZ stuff, like they showed me a CZ75 compact Shadowline which I've never seen NIB anywhere else.  I should've gotten that one......
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:16:13 PM by Over it »

Offline dmleininger

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
Had to grab it while it was still there.

Offline Madjohnbo

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

So, I?m totally new to this forum, but thought I?d get this post in to let you all know I just unwittingly bought one of thes ?rare?? Steel framed P-01s. Went to the LGS thinking they had a regular alloy framed P-01 for sale, which is a rare enough commodity that I figured I needed to jump on it. When I arrived, first thing I noticed was it had a manual safety... The shop mentioned that CZUSA offered them either the decocker model or this manual safety model.

Ok, odd I thought. I would prefer the decocker, but I?m cool with the safety. Felt heavy also, was still thinking it was the alloy frame. Got home, cleaned it, noticed the grip did not have front or back side serrations. Odd again.

Started doing some googling to find out about this P-01 variation and immediately happened upon that monster SP-01 Compact thread. Mine didn?t say ?Compact? on the side. It wasn?t until I searched the SKU 99041, that I found this thread. I checked the test shot sheet, and it states it was tested on June 27, 2017 and has  ?17? and ?CIP N? roll marks, with the Czech Proof House ?stylized lion? roll mark.

Needless to say, I?m thrilled to have happened upon a full steel framed P-01. I love shooting my brother?s SP-01, so I?m looking forward to hitting the range, which won?t be for while due to the holidays.

I look forward to hearing the story behind this batch of P-01s. If I were to guess, CZUB may have authorized a batch of the steel framed P-01s based off the interest and good-selling small batch of SP-01 compacts that hit the market a year ago. Possibly, CZ is establishing a true CZ SP-01 Compact model that will make it into the catalog. Who knows?

Cheers!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »
Welcome aboard and what a funny find and way to end up on the forum! Can't wait for any pics and a range report. All the mods discussed on the SP-01 Compact should stand true for these. If you could snap some various photos of the beavertail area that is one of the spots I'm wondering if they changed on these. Enjoy your pistol and let us know if you have any questions or need any help.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Madjohnbo

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2017, 12:44:15 AM »
Welcome aboard and what a funny find and way to end up on the forum! Can't wait for any pics and a range report. All the mods discussed on the SP-01 Compact should stand true for these. If you could snap some various photos of the beavertail area that is one of the spots I'm wondering if they changed on these. Enjoy your pistol and let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks! First impressions for me, not being an expert on DA/SA triggers, is that this one is not amazing, but still very good. A slow pull of the SA has a long but light take up, a couple of jitters then a good, somewhat crisp break. A quick pull is much crisper. The DA pull is long and heavy as expected, but the half-cock detente is very noticeable in the takeup.

Not sure if that?s typical of new CZ 75s but may be food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2017, 12:59:17 AM »

Thanks! First impressions for me, not being an expert on DA/SA triggers, is that this one is not amazing, but still very good. A slow pull of the SA has a long but light take up, a couple of jitters then a good, somewhat crisp break. A quick pull is much crisper. The DA pull is long and heavy as expected, but the half-cock detente is very noticeable in the takeup.

Thank you sir! That looks like the same beavertail as the SP-01 Compact!

With the SP-01 Compacts I worked on the SA was "grittier" than most CZ's I've handled. There are some hammers you can get that are much better or you can polish the hammer hooks. CZ Custom sells a Shadow hammer that is cheaper than the CZC Competition and CGW Race Hammers. It's not as short or crisp but a nice alternative. A few springs and some polishing go a long way on the DA pull. I've got tutorial videos that go through everything for manuals safety CZ 75's in the gun smithing sun forum. They're in the stickies. I also did a test on the impact of upgrades and polishing. I'll just snag the links to make it easier.

Testing upgrades, mods, and polishing:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83591.0

Video tutorials:
    Thank you sir! That looks like the same beavertail as the SP-01 Compact!

With the SP-01 Compacts I worked on the SA was "grittier" than most CZ's I've handled. There are some hammers you can get that are much better or you can polish the hammer hooks. CZ Custom sells a Shadow hammer that is cheaper than the CZC Competition and CGW Race Hammers. It's not as short or crisp but a nice alternative. A few springs and some polishing go a long way on the DA pull. I've got tutorial videos that go through everything for manuals safety CZ 75's in the gun smithing sun forum. They're in the stickies. I also did a test on the impact of upgrades and polishing. I'll just snag the links to make it easier.

Testing upgrades, mods, and polishing:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83591.0

Video tutorials:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85985.0

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
I bought two of the "SP01" Compacts.  One had the nastiest trigger of any CZ I've bought so far.  Terrible.  Gritty, draggy, jerky and worse.

No idea why something that bad would leave the factory.  But I "fixed" it.  Converted it to SAO with a trigger from CZ USA and CGW race hammer and adjustable sear. 

Not sure why these pistols should seem to have worse than normal trigger pulls/feels.  You'd think the same parts go inside them as any other CZ Compact/full size safety B model pistol.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2017, 10:03:32 AM »
Very cool.  So CZ stumbled upon a gem with a contract that went bad and once found out how great of a marketing guy Scarlet Pistol  ;) is, decided to produce some more frames!  I hope some entity contracts a SS version compact (of any configuration) in the same vein.  Betcha they'd be hot sellers as well!  I wonder if this is evidence that PO1 sales are sluggish--using up excess slides... ???

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 10:27:12 AM »
An all stainless steel version would be worth buying.  As many as I have (CZ's) that would be a good reason to buy yet another one.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline 2tango2

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2017, 03:17:40 PM »
My LGS just got 2 in.  Other than the slide markings it looks identical to my 99021

Offline myczaccount

CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2017, 12:53:46 AM »
New threads popping up here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/7l5rrj/a_new_unicorn_is_born_the_cz_99041_a_steel_framed/

And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/7lfauw/does_anyone_have_any_info_on_these_steel_framed/

Seems others have stumbled upon this new model
Dang, we have CZ brethren on The Reddit! Hope they enjoy V2 of 99021 with the 99041!

This is pretty cool to think about the fact that there is potentially a production version of our 99021... Look what we helped create!... At least I'd like to think we helped with our response to the failed contract batch.

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2017, 02:22:15 AM »
New threads popping up here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/7l5rrj/a_new_unicorn_is_born_the_cz_99041_a_steel_framed/

And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/7lfauw/does_anyone_have_any_info_on_these_steel_framed/

Seems others have stumbled upon this new model
Dang, we have CZ brethren on The Reddit! Hope they enjoy V2 of 99021 with the 99041!

This is pretty cool to think about the fact that there is potentially a production version of our 99021... Look what we helped create!... At least I'd like to think we helped with our response to the failed contract batch.

Yes, quite an active gun community on Reddit. Tons of resources as well as amazing deals posted regularly on the gundeals section here (CZ deals are posted often!): https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline jh225

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2017, 11:36:31 AM »
CZ Model # 99021 Version 2.0 ;D

How much anyone wanna bet this will now be a new cataloged model with the 99041 moniker?