Author Topic: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!  (Read 310552 times)

Offline Sigma05

Re: Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »

Pretty much final configuration with the new muzzle device and Yeti Wurks mag release and +3 mag extension. Only thing missing is the new grip. Waiting for it to return from Cerakote.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Offline travinh

« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »
Beautiful!!!

Pretty much final configuration with the new muzzle device and Yeti Wurks mag release and +3 mag extension. Only thing missing is the new grip. Waiting for it to return from Cerakote.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Very sweet one !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Sigma05

« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »

Offline ynotaz

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
While NFA engraving, I wen a bit wild.  Color filling now.  One more cleanup, seal it, and done.

Offline mtl111

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »
Looks great!! What type of paint and method did you use to do that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline ynotaz

« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2016, 07:36:02 PM »
I used model water color.  Just in case.  I learned that the polymer is porous so water color was a good choice for cleanup.  When it hardens well enough, I will clean a bit more then look for something as a sealer.

I used a very thin brush filled in the engraving, and wiped.  I did one layer, let it dry, cleaned it up, then a second layer the same way. 

I was pretty happy with the results but the porosity of the polymer of the frame made me happy I didn't; try oil based pint.  Someone with a steadier had than me might make that work.

Offline mursalot

« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »
As far as sealing goes, you can use duracoat or ceracoat. They have a final finish clear coat for people to apply a smooth finish over their custom camo design. It usually comes in a spray can with options from a flat matte to a high gloss.

You could even just go to your local hardware store and pick up a spray can of rustoleum/krylon oil based clear coat. Again, offered from matte to gloss.

This got me thinking...could you apply a temp tattoo and seal it with a clear coat as well?
Yes you can: https://temporarytattoos.com/blog/temporary-tattoos-not-your-average-decorating-tool/

And now the scorpion, pick your poison:  https://temporarytattoos.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=scorpion

This was just a random site on Google, but it did answer my question and they do have scorpion tats

Nice paint job by the way
2 things you never want to hear when you pull the trigger:

"click" when you expect it to go "bang" and

"bang" when you expect it to go "click"

Offline 13moons

Official Scorpion Picture Thread!
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2016, 10:15:03 PM »
Greetings,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce my self to the forum and figured sharing my Scorpion would be a fantastic way to do so.

The forum has truly been a great resource and has helped me learn a great deal.  The Scorpion has been my dream gun since its release .  Thanks to all of you who have contributed to schooling me; as, now that i finally own one, I feel i have the required knowledge to care for it and realize the potential that the firearm has to offer.

<3 from oregon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ynotaz

« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
As far as sealing goes, you can use duracoat or ceracoat. They have a final finish clear coat for people to apply a smooth finish over their custom camo design. It usually comes in a spray can with options from a flat matte to a high gloss.

You could even just go to your local hardware store and pick up a spray can of rustoleum/krylon oil based clear coat. Again, offered from matte to gloss.

This got me thinking...could you apply a temp tattoo and seal it with a clear coat as well?
Yes you can: https://temporarytattoos.com/blog/temporary-tattoos-not-your-average-decorating-tool/

And now the scorpion, pick your poison:  https://temporarytattoos.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=scorpion

This was just a random site on Google, but it did answer my question and they do have scorpion tats

Nice paint job by the way

Thanks.  I had to do the NFA engraving for the SBR so I had them cut the scorpion in also.  That made it easy to do the color-fill.  I will try the satin clear coat on it.  If it wears off I will do it again with an oil based paint. 

I was skeptical about using oil based the on my first try in case I screwed up.  I didn't know what solvents might do to the polymer while doing cleanup.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
Ynotaz, that's a cool engraving!   8)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »
Greetings,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce my self to the forum and figured sharing my Scorpion would be a fantastic way to do so.

The forum has truly been a great resource and has helped me learn a great deal.  The Scorpion has been my dream gun since its release .  Thanks to all of you who have contributed to schooling me; as, now that i finally own one, I feel i have the required knowledge to care for it and realize the potential that the firearm has to offer.

<3 from oregon

Welcome to the forum AND the addiction! You will nee a P-09 to go with that Scorpion, you know. ;)

Offline 13moons

« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2016, 01:51:43 AM »
Greetings,

<3 from oregon

Welcome to the forum AND the addiction! You will nee a P-09 to go with that Scorpion, you know. ;)

hah...  next up is folding stock adapter..  then form 4 and a k stock!

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2016, 02:14:07 AM »
Greetings,

<3 from oregon

Did you buy it as a pistol? If so, I believe you need to file on a Form 1 and not a 4...if you're referring to SBR'ing it.

As was said...welcome to the addiction!

Offline 13moons

« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2016, 03:44:55 AM »
Greetings,

<3 from oregon

Did you buy it as a pistol? If so, I believe you need to file on a Form 1 and not a 4...if you're referring to SBR'ing it.

As was said...welcome to the addiction!

Thanks for the correction, i always confuzzle the two forms.   

please dont shoot my dog...

edit: thanks for the warm welcomes.  :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:21:50 AM by 13moons »

anything